Skip to main content

As I understand it you can either use an Org Chart component and have the benefit of re-parenting collapsing tiers etc

or you can use the Salesforce integration to import contacts and lay them out on a blank canvas.

But you can't get the benefit of both?

I'd like to import contacts from Salesforce into an Org Chart component - might that be a roadmap item?

Thanks for any insight on how people are doing this

Hi Charlie thank you for contributing to the Lucid Community!

While there isn't a way to link an automatically generated org chart to Salesforce data you certainly could have both sets of data in the same document. Below is a screenshot that illustrates how a Salesforce account map and an org chart from an imported dataset (Google Sheets CSV or Excel file) can coexist on single Lucidchart document.  

However your idea to import contacts from Salesforce directly into an org chart component is brilliant and we're also always looking for ways to improve Lucidchart. Would you mind adding your idea to our feature request form? Ideas submitted to this form are passed on to the product development team for their consideration.

Let me know if you have any questions!

Thanks Richard that is very helpful.  I will log the idea and for not continue to use the Org Chart module and just manually add the contacts.  Thank-you!

No problem thank you very much for your feedback and for using Lucidchart! Good luck with your projects.