Skip to main content
Question

Salesforce ERD import is taking too long

• 5 February 2024
  • 2 replies

Hello!

I wanted to import Salesforce object model in Lucidchard as an ERD. I tried several times and every time I get stuck at the “Loading” step. And noting happens.

Is it because the data model is too large? Any workarounds?

Thanks!

Hi @MATSKEVICH, I, thanks for your post!

There are a few specific things to look at when working with our Salesforce Schema Import:

• To use the API, your organization must be on one of the following 4 editions (the API is enabled by default): Enterprise Edition, Unlimited Edition, Developer Edition, or Performance Edition.
  • Editions with no API Access include: Contact Edition, Group Edition, Professional Edition, and Spark Edition
  • If you've verified you have API access but are still unable to import, please confirm that the "Lock sessions to the IP address from which they originated" setting is not checked in your Session Settings in Salesforce.
  • Try the schema import in a Google Chrome Incognito browsing session. This often improves performance by clearing your cache and cookies and disabling your extensions.
  • Please check your login IP Ranges under your Salesforce user profile and make sure that those ranges are not restricted. In most cases if the above tips don't help, this could be the cause.

If the issue persists, please send the following information:

• A screenshot of what you are seeing.
  • A screenshot of the associated Javascript Console output after you attempt to click the "Import from Salesforce" button. You can open your Javascript Console by pressing Ctrl+Shift+J (if your computer is a Windows/Linux) OR Cmd+Opt+J (if your computer is a Mac).

Thanks!

Hello!

Thank you for your response! Unfortunately, the issue was not resolved.

Please, have a look at the screenshot of the screen and the Javascript console down below (after I logged in Salesforce):

Looking forward to your response!

Best,

Ivan