Skip to main content

I am trying to draw a door with a right hand hinge in the Office Floor Plan Template. All 4 door icons have a left hand hinge. In your tutorial Object 3 has a left hand hinge and Object 5 has a right hand hinge. In reality Objects 3 4 5 and 6 all have a left hand hinge and there is no door object with a right hand hinge. Can anyone help?

Hi Christene thanks for posting in the community - I'm happy to help! Please view the GIF below for an illustration of how to achieve all four possible door orientations. After adding a door object to a wall you can use the small purple square that appears in the center to adjust the position/opening of the door itself. 

Please give this a try and let me know if you experience any trouble achieving the door set-up you need. For others with similar questions please take a moment to review our Floorplan Tools article from the Lucidchart Help Center and post any additional questions below!

Hi Micah

Thanks for your response! I see now. The trick is where the object is first placed. When I drag Object 5 to the 'inside' of wall the hinges flip to the left whereas when I drag Object 5 to the outside of the wall and make it open inwards the hinges stay to the right. It works great now!

Hi Christene thanks for continuing this thread! I'm glad to hear that it's all sorted. Please reach out if there's anything else we can do to assist with your floor plan!