Skip to main content

Hi

I am creating custom shape libraries in LucidChart.

Each shape as pre-defined properties many with default settings.

I wish to reverse-engineer / reverse-populate an aligned data source (say an XLS template) with the content of objects in the diagram.

For example I create a custom BPMN task object with properties ID X Y Z (where ID is manually assigned or incrementally created per formula).

I would want an "automation" to:

• create a row in the data source upon placement of the object on the diagram

• update the row column ID with the objects ID (custom property)

• update the other row columns per the objects properties (assuming alignment)

• any further changes made to the object properties would further be updated keeping the data source in alignment with the properties on the shape

Once the diagram is "complete" and the data source "stable" (no changes needed) export to Google sheets or XLS.

Thanks

Hey John

Thank you for posting in the Lucid Community and thank you for all of the hard work you've put in as well as your enthusiasm and passion you've shown for Lucid! We would love the opportunity to help out with your workflow and as such we have forwarded your request onto the proper team so we can personally reach out to thank you and offer some solutions to some of the complex problems you've presented. Again John we sincerely appreciate your contribution and we look forward to talking to you soon!

Cheers 🍻