Solved

Restore huge lucid documents

Badge +1

I downloaded, backup of my lucidchart which is around 1 GB, however while trying to restore, I am getting timeout error and only ~20 documents are uploaded. I have 5000+ documents

icon

Best answer by Ria S 7 May 2024, 13:15

View original

Comments

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hello @jitendra.zaa 

Handling a large backup file of 1 GB with over 5000 documents in Lucidchart and encountering timeout errors during the restoration process can indeed be challenging. Here are a few suggestions you might consider to successfully restore your backup:

1. Split the Backup into Smaller Chunks - Large files often cause timeouts due to the prolonged time needed to upload and process them. If possible, split your backup into smaller, more manageable files. This could mean dividing the backup into separate files for each category of documents or breaking it down by size.

2. Use a Stable and Fast Internet Connection - Ensure that your internet connection is stable and fast enough to handle large data transfers. If you're on a wireless connection, consider switching to a wired connection to increase stability and speed.

3. Increase Timeout Settings - If you have access to settings that allow you to adjust the timeout threshold (this might require administrative access or might need to be done via support), try increasing the timeout limit.

4. Restore in Off-Peak Hours - Sometimes, server load can affect upload times. Try performing the restore during off-peak hours when the servers might be less congested.

5. Contact Support: Since you have a large number of documents and a significant file size, there might be specific limitations or issues that only the support team can resolve. Provide details about the error messages, your account type, the number of documents, and file size. They will be able to facilitate a smoother restoration process. Try this link here: Get support – Lucid

6. Incremental Upload: If splitting the file isn't an option, try uploading a few documents at a time rather than all at once. This can help isolate the problem if it's related to specific documents causing the timeout.

I hope these are helpful. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Thank you for the tips @Ria S! @jitendra.zaa, did you download your backup as an .LAF file? Please let me know if you’re still experiencing trouble with this! 

Badge +1

Still facing issue. There is no use of import , export if large files cannot be imported. Doing in small chunk for thousands of doc would take hours if not days. 

Badge +1

Hello @jitendra.zaa 

Handling a large backup file of 1 GB with over 5000 documents in Lucidchart and encountering timeout errors during the restoration process can indeed be challenging. Here are a few suggestions you might consider to successfully restore your backup:

1. Split the Backup into Smaller Chunks - Large files often cause timeouts due to the prolonged time needed to upload and process them. If possible, split your backup into smaller, more manageable files. This could mean dividing the backup into separate files for each category of documents or breaking it down by size.

2. Use a Stable and Fast Internet Connection - Ensure that your internet connection is stable and fast enough to handle large data transfers. If you're on a wireless connection, consider switching to a wired connection to increase stability and speed.

3. Increase Timeout Settings - If you have access to settings that allow you to adjust the timeout threshold (this might require administrative access or might need to be done via support), try increasing the timeout limit.

4. Restore in Off-Peak Hours - Sometimes, server load can affect upload times. Try performing the restore during off-peak hours when the servers might be less congested.

5. Contact Support: Since you have a large number of documents and a significant file size, there might be specific limitations or issues that only the support team can resolve. Provide details about the error messages, your account type, the number of documents, and file size. They will be able to facilitate a smoother restoration process. Try this link here: Get support – Lucid

6. Incremental Upload: If splitting the file isn't an option, try uploading a few documents at a time rather than all at once. This can help isolate the problem if it's related to specific documents causing the timeout.

I hope these are helpful. 

suggestions did not work

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

@jitendra.zaa Thanks for the response, and apologies that you’re still experiencing issues with this! Can you please confirm that you downloaded a backup of your documents as a .LAF file and are attempting to re-upload them via the Restore function in your account settings? A detailed description of the steps you’re taking here will help me to determine next steps. Thank you for your help and patience!