Skip to main content

Hi! I just resized a document when I realized it didn't need to be as big as it was. There is a LOT of text inside the shapes in that document. Everything rescaled nicely except the text which remained exactly the size it was before and is therefore spilling out past the borders of nearly every shape instead of nicely sitting inside them as it did before. There are dozens if not hundreds of little bits of text that are now the wrong size. What is the easiest way to fix this? I see options to select all shapes or all lines but no option to select all text.

Hi Jeff 

Thanks for posting in the Community! 

I'd recommend using the Select All shortcut (Cmd+A/Ctrl+A) and then resizing the text via the text options in the toolbar. This should keep the proportions of the different text elements without altering the shapes. 

Hope this helps!

Thank you I'll give that a shot. If those work under Select All then it's all good. I actually kind of like that I keep learning new stuff about Lucidchart.

It should work it did so in my testing :)

I agree the tool has a lot of depth and I learn new tricks almost every day. The community is a great place for this by the way so feel free to visit us again whenever you have another question.