Skip to main content

Hi there

I found I'm not able to resize the sequence diagram generated by UML markup after 'Build'. I have some old diagrams that can be resized but lost the capability after I click 'Build'.

Hi Jayce

Thank you for posting in the Lucid Community and thank you for the heads up on this issue. This is something our devs are currently working on and I will continue to provide information here as it is made available to me. 

In the meantime if you select the UML and right-click to Ungroup the shapes you can then use the select all feature (Cmmd/cntrl + A) and resize all of the shapes from there. 

Hope this helps--please let me know if you have any additional questions. Cheers!

Hey Phillip 

Thanks for getting back. I tried it and it seems ungrouping is an irreversible operation which blocks me from reediting the UML markup. Hope it can be fixed soon 🙂. Thanks!

Any update on this?   I experience similar if using the "Ungroup" workaround the underlying UML markup is lost.

So a person needs to use the "Ungroup" cautiously.   i.e.  Don't forget to save a copy of your URL markup to the side (or be prepared to dig it out of a revision).

Hi there thanks for continuing this thread. Unfortunately I currently don't have an update on this issue's resolution - I am so sorry for the inconvenience! We appreciate you sharing your experience with the "Ungroup" workaround and your tip about keeping your markup available in case you need to make additional edits. I'll be sure to update this thread as soon as I have additional information to share!

Hi there

I'm also looking forward for a fix. The ungroup-resize workaround implies a number of inconsistencies to fix that makes the whole functionality time saving useless (but thanks for suggesting it!).

Hey Francesco 

Thank you for keeping this thread going and apologies for the trouble here. We appreciate you sharing your experience with the "Ungroup" workaround. I will be sure to update this thread as soon as we have more information! 

Hi there! I wanted to follow up on this to see if there was any update? I am facing the same issue.

Hi Tony thanks for continuing this thread. At this time I don't have an update to share on an improvement to this experience with Lucidchart's UML tool. Please stay tuned on this thread - we'll share an update here as soon as it's available!

Hi this still not fixed March 23 please fix this issue that makes this really difficult to use.

Hi Ignacio

Thank you for checking in and our apologies for the inconvenience - unfortunately we don't have an update at this time but we will be sure to update this thread as soon as we have news! Thanks for your feedback and we appreciate your patience as our development team looks into this.

+1...  Any indication of delivery dates for this?  Line color can be changed but the object also prohibits from changing object color fills directly from the top menu (only styles can be used).  Without all this the markup is pretty useless except as a starter for using the individual graphical objects after ungrouping (one way action(.

+1 Following up on this one. Really looking forward on utilizing UML markup.

Hi there, thank you for contributing your feedback. Please upvote and add your thoughts to this product feedback thread addressing the UML markup experience so our developers can take a closer look at improving the experience: