Skip to main content

Each day I update a project tracker table. I then upload the new dataset to my diagram. Today when the dataset is replaced the shape data does not update - remains the same as yesterdays data. 

I have replaced the dataset twice (no changes to shape data). 

I then deleted the dataset and added again as New Dataset and assigned the shapes to the table rows (no changes to the shape data)

I even opened the Data Tab and added the same data as text for Days Remaining and the value (no changes to the shape data)

If you look at the value in this screenshot for Days Remaining it clearly has the value of -45 yet the shape data remains fixed at -44. 

Hi Leon!

Thank you for posting in the Lucid Community! This is an unexpected behavior with our data linking. We'd love to take a closer look - I've created a support ticket to help you address the issue. You should hear from our awesome Support Team soon! 

Hello 

For some reason all the formatting links were removed from my diagram. This formatting was missing:

{{=referencekey(1).'Days Remaining'}}

I reproduced this for each shape and now new data updates in the associated shapes. Do not know how the above were all removed from my drawing but mystery solved.

Hey Leon

Thank you for the update and so glad to hear this is now working for you! Please reach out anytime! Cheers 🍻

Hi Leon! I wanted to let you know that we are actively developing an Excel integration with Lucidchart. This feature will allow you to import spreadsheets from Office 365 business accounts, and have 2-way syncing between Lucid and your Excel spreadsheet.   This would eliminate the need to export your data from Excel and import things into Lucidchart each time.  Your Lucidchart data would automatically update from the source spreadsheet.

If you (or anyone reading this) is interested, shoot me a DM. I can get you onboarded to our Excel beta.  We’re actively looking for testers that can provide feedback and feature requests for this new capability.