Skip to main content
Solved

Remove or edit org chart lines in Lucidchart

• 16 July 2024
  • 3 replies

hi there, I need to remove/edit the lines on the org chart template...they don’t appear to be able to be deleted??

Comments

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hi @jacmotel, thanks for adding this thread! Unfortunately, you cannot delete Org Chart lines without deleting the whole Org Chart shape, but we’re very interested in your feedback and committed to continually improving our products. If you’re willing to share, we’d love to hear more details about your use case or what you’d like to see in this experience in the post below:

For more information on how Lucid manages feedback via this community, take a look at this post:

Finally, I would recommend our Org Charts article from the Lucid Help Center, as an additional resource for you to reference as you work with Org Charts. Please let me know if you have any additional questions!

Badge +1

Thank you @Amelia W , as the template does not work for our organisation, I have attempted to create an Org Chart from scratch.  Unfortunately then the reporting lines overlap each other on lower branches, which causes an unsightly bold line/branch.  Is there a way have a single reporting line with multiple branches (ie: multiple reports to the one manager)?

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hi @jacmotel, thanks for following up! Would you mind sending me a screenshot of this line issue so I can better understand what you’re seeing? It is worth noting that line shapes can be connected to other line. Additionally, you can add multiple lines to one shape node, which should allow you to overlay them so that they appear as one line.

As an additional resource, I would recommend reviewing our Work with Lines article from the Lucid Help Center. I appreciate your help and patience!