Skip to main content
Solved

Reference data from another page in same Lucidchart document

• 25 July 2024
  • 2 replies

I have a single Lucidchart document with multiple pages.  In page 2 I’ve created some page data fields.  I would like to reference the page 2 data fields within shape data or page data from page 1.

All documents seem to indicate data linking, but there is no option to link to a page in the same doc, only options for external sources of data.

How can I reference another page’s data within a formula?

Comments

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Hi @jsalashkar

Thanks for your post! 

Referencing data across different pages in Lucidchart can be achieved using Lucid's label reference system. With a page open and no shapes selected, the shape data panel on the right will display the page's data, including its label. Alternatively, for any custom data field on the object you wish to target, input the formula =label. This returns a unique label for that object, which you can then use for cross-referencing.

To reference a specific page or shape by its label, you can use the format #'label_string'. For instance, if a page's label is '0_0', you can reference its descendants with descendants(#'0_0').

We recognise that cross-page referencing can be complex. We're actively exploring ways to simplify this process. Feedback like yours is helpful in guiding these enhancements. 

I hope this helps! Let us know if you have any other questions, cheers!

Badge +1

Thank you.  I can work with this.  🙂