Skip to main content

How to creat new server rack shap withe standar size RU

i want creat audio product rack ( power amplifier audio source wireless microphoneaudio patch and audio connector....)

some product use half size rack standart size

thank you

Hi Eric 

Thanks for posting in the Lucidchart Community! To style your server rack shape according to your needs please follow these steps: 

To resize the shape: 

1. Select the shape by clicking on its edges. 
  2. The Advanced Shape Menu will drop down at the right of the editor.
  3. Toggle the arrows or type a value in the "size" box at the top left corner. 
  4. You can also drag one of the blue squares along the shapes’ border.

96IyXhzUilY4yYT9me82yA.png

To change the fill color to the shape: 

1. Select the shape by clicking on its edges. 
  2. Click the Fill Color button (the paint bucket icon) on the formatting bar at the top of your canvas. 
  3. Select one of the color swatches.

apldxqU0T2s9Wx68OjEArA.png

For more information on how to style and work with shapes in the Lucidchart editor please check out our Add and customize shapes in Lucidchart from the Lucidchart Help Center. Hope this helps!

thanks but it s not my respons

i want fix the size of my new shap to your standar size in shape library  and creat new design shape for my use

Hi Eric

It sounds like you are looking to create a new standard size for some of the shapes we offer is that correct? If that is what you are looking to do you will need to create a custom library of your own and then if you resize or change the shapes how you would like them and then drag them into that library it will be your standard shape if you pull it from there going forward.

Here is a gif to show what I am describing:

QZ9y-VgLVAWFEMotajbFNQ.gif

To create a custom shape library,  select the ‘more shapes’ button and then select the + symbol by ‘My libraries’. Check out Shape libraries in Lucidchart from the Lucid Help Center for more info.

Hope this helps!

Getting back to this since the Original topic starter didn't had his answer yet and I'm having the same question. 

I think what he meant and what i also want to know is if we can make our own dynamic shapes that also snap to the rack unit dimensions and we can make our own modules with own design. 

Hi @info t thanks for continuing this thread and sharing your question. You should be a able to achieve a similar effect if you have 'Guides' and  'Snap to Guides' toggled on in your page settings. This will display a blue guide on the canvas when you move objects around.

I have attached a GIF below demonstrating how you could use a non-server rack shape and achieve a similar effect. 

I hope this helps. Please feel free to comment on this thread if you have any questions!