Skip to main content

We’ve noticed recently that the published URLs are no longer working for our non-lucid users. We use this quite often. 
They’re seeing “404 Page Not Found. We couldn’t find the page you were looking for” and it looks like its displaying on our SSO screen. Has anyone delt with this? 

I don’t see an option to enter a support ticket?

Hi @sdantino,

Thanks for your post!

Can the non-Lucid viewers try opening the document/board in a private or incognito window to help us narrow down the potential cause? Can they also try connecting to a different network (or disconnected from your VPN, if applicable)? Sometimes document/board performance issues can be related to internet security/speed or browser issues, and these steps will help us eliminate that possibility. Please check out this Community post for an example of this.

If the issue persists, could you please send the following information:

• A screenshot of the error message that appears after non-Lucid users attempt to view the documents.
  • A temporary Support PIN for a document that has this issue. This will allow me to take a closer look at the issue you’re experiencing. For more information on generating a Support PIN, check out this Help Center article. (It is for internal use only and doesn't grant public access to your document, so you can safely share it directly in the thread.) 

I appreciate your help and patience!

Hello - thanks for your reply 

Using an incognito browser worked. We do not use VPN for daily use. 
It is different from the error message in the linked community post.

I understand this may narrow down the issue to something with our SSO - but is there any recommendation or past experience that can help us with investigating? We use Okta for reference and this wasn’t an error prior to the last month or so. 

@sdantino Just a question to understand, are users who are getting the SSO page you posted, still part of your company? I’m wondering because if it’s working in incognito - It makes me wonder if, for example I would be likely to see that screen or not. If there is potentially some cache/cookies issues somewhere that brings to that page. What does the URL that they receive this look like? Does it contain anything else other than a format similar to this?

lucid.app/lucidspark/digits-letters/edit?viewport_loc=-digits&invitationId=inv_digits-letters

And last question are you able to reproduce this issue with these users with all the documents? And if you go in incognito or a separate browser does it work?

Hi @Mirko Bubba thanks for your reply
Yes the users are still part of my company. 
I may look at whether clearing cache/cookies would help - thanks for the idea.

I’m not sure of the URL I only have screenshots of the error - I’ll have to check with them. 
It does replicate across different Lucids - it is not an issue for users with lucid licenses. But it was working for non-users as expected before this month at least. 

It is working in their incognito browser - but that is a workaround for me not necessarily a final solution. 
Thanks

I know you said you do not use VPN for daily use, but is there anything else that may redirect users to the 404 page? For example some chrome extensions or anything that might have been added in the last month. The only other thing I can think of right now is for you to verify which type of link you are sharing. Maybe if you share the one that has “Your company” users might be redirected to Okta to login and it’s instead giving a 404 page as it doesn’t know where to redirect, in that case I am not sure whether that would be on our end or yours, but we can try to find out. :)

Following up here - we observed that the issue was occurring when my coworkers were clicking on the link within Slack. 
When copy & pasting the URL into a web browser (or from an email), the 404 error did not occur and the Lucid opened as expected. 

Thank you everyone for the troubleshooting suggestions

@sdantino, thank you for the update! Is your team still experience the issue with sharing through Slack?