Skip to main content

Publish URL - Cannot View Notes

• 21 March 2017
  • 7 replies

When we publish our diagram as a URL link we cannot click on any of the notes when the link is opened in a browser. We can see the icons for the notes but cannot click on them. Any idea why this is the case?

Also when publishing as a PDF is there a way to show the notes?

thanks

Z

Hi Zoel thanks for reaching out. The pop out note feature is dynamic so it won't appear when publishing or downloading the document as a static image (like PDFs). The yellow note shape can be added to show notes but the little pop-out icon on the top right of shapes won't translate. 

Hi Sarah

We aren't publishing it as a static image. We are using publish as a full URL. 

It seems to work when using the embedded options just not when publishing as a URL

Please advise

thanks

Zoel

Zoel 

If you are sharing the URL to a document that links to the editor it will allow for pop out notes. If you are viewing any sort of published version of your diagram you will no be able to see notes. 

Hi Andres

So what about when you publish using embed. if I copy the URL from the embeded code I can view the notes with no issues and I am not opening the link in the editor

thanks

Zoel 

Anything dynamic in Lucidchart will not work on any type of published document. If you have the pop out notes it requires interaction and will not work when published if you are placing notes with the note shape you will see these in your embedded and any published URL.

Hi Andres

That doesn't seem to be correct because if I copy the URL that is generated when you publish using the embed option the notes work fine.

See example below

https://www.lucidchart.com/documents/embeddedchart/b8a86ffd-7335-4f82-b6c0-c8709d258758

thanks

Zoel

Hi Zoel sorry about the confusion. The pop-out note feature works as follow:

1. It works in embedded charts

2. Works in published charts

3. Does not work when downloaded as PDF or PNG