Skip to main content

I am trying to publish my diagram so people that don't have a lucid chart license can view it but I am not able to see the "Publish" option?

Hi Omar thanks for posting in the Lucid community! You can locate the Publish option in two places: 

1. Within the File menu or

2. Within the Share menu in the toolbar at the top of the editor.

If you don't see the Publish option in either of these locations will you please respond with a screenshot of what you see instead? Thanks!

I'm not seeing the publish option neither under file nor under share: has this been removed recently?

Hey Stephane

Thanks for posting in the Lucid Community! The Publish option is still available in both locations. If you are unable to find the Publish option you may try a different browser or opening your document in an Incognito Window. This will rule out any browser or extension interference that might be occurring. 

Hope this helps--please let me know if you have any other questions! 

I asked our internal IT and apparently that option was removed for us as it was exposing company data to the internet.

Since accessing a published link does not require any authentication I assume that was the issue.

Hey Stephane

Aha I see--that makes sense. We do have the option to password protect Published Links on our Team and Enterprise accounts but it would have to be picked for each link which may not be practical for your team. 

Let me know if you have any other questions!