Skip to main content

Printing issues

• 10 April 2018
  • 3 replies

Hello

My students are having trouble printing their charts that are larger than 8.5 x 11. They have designed the larger images but when they print they have been either scaled down to one page printing only a small section of the three or four sheets that are on the screen or printing a 8.5 x11 image in the middle of three or four sheets of paper. Time sensitive. Please help ASAP.

Comments

Hi Christopher

Have you tried adjusting the page settings of the document before printing?  If you click on the "File" drop down menu in the top left of the editor you will find a section titled "Page Settings."  Once you click on this a box should appear on the right side of your editor.  Within that box you can assign a size for the page.  You can even assign a "Custom" size.  Let me know if this works for you or if you have any additional questions.

Cheers

Hi Brendan K

Yes we see the custo function-most students selected a size like 22 x 17. But when they printed only a small portion of the project printed. 

Hi Christopher

With your page settings set to 22 x 17 your printer will expect to print on 22 x 17 sized paper so I would assume the reason it is only printing a small portion is because it is printing on a smaller 8.5 x 11 sized paper.  Thus giving you an 8.5 x 11 sized snapshot of your document when you print.  So the two different solutions would be to either print on larger paper that matches the page settings that you selected or set your page settings to match the type of paper you are trying to print on.  

It could also be an issue with the printer specifically.

Let me know if that answers your question or if you need some more help.