Skip to main content

I have a large swimlane.. about 11 different lanes and a lot going on between lanes and in sequence.  It is well beyond a normal print operation to print it and make it legible.  I am willing to invest in taking it to a large format printer, but everything I’ve tried doesn’t expand it enough to make the text in the process steps legible.

Anyone have success printing a large complex process map in a way that it can be easily read by humans?

thank you, 

jl

Hi @JLanphere, thanks for posting in the Lucid Community! can you provide a description or screenshot of the print settings (pages, paper size, page format, scale, alignment, etc.) that you selected to print with, and then the desired size you are hoping to print?

I appreciate your help and patience!

Thank you for the help.  I’m trying to print this on an wide format printer from FedEx print service that can print 36” tall by any required length.  I’m having a lot of trouble generating the pdf to correspond that print configuration.  I did redraw this to compress white space as much as possible while keeping the swim lanes intact.   

The document looks like: 

Document settings:

Hi @JLanphere, thanks for following up with that information! To start, I would recommend adjusting your width to be 36 inches as this should help you scale your document a bit more. This can also be done in a new document with a copy of your diagram as you adjust your shapes to fit within that size. Let me know if you have any further questions!