Skip to main content

I have a master page with layers that I do not want included when I export a diagram.
Specifically I am using the LucidChart add-on to embed diagrams in Google Docs. Unfortunately hiding the layers (and syncing visibility) does not help: All layers on the master page are visible in the embed.

Is there a way to simply mark objects or layers as hidden on export?

I have a master page with layers that I do not want included when I export a diagram.
Specifically I am using the LucidChart add-on to embed diagrams in Google Docs. Unfortunately hiding the layers (and syncing visibility) does not help: All layers on the master page are visible in the embed.

Is there a way to simply mark objects or layers as hidden on export?

I have the same issue. No matter what export type I select; png, JPEG, etc. my hidden layers still show. The only format that doesn’t have this issue is export to PDF. I would love to have the same functionality that the PDF export does for all the other format options.

Hi Daniel and Stephen, thanks for your posts. First, a clarifying question - are you saying that you have created a master page that contains layers, have applied that master page to other pages in your document, and then when attempting to download that other page, the layers from the master (which is applied to that page) are present in the export? If so, you can successfully perform an export without the layers by doing the following:

In this GIF, you’ll see that I have a master page which contains a layer.

I also have a second page to which I’ve applied the master. You can see the content of the second page - a purple sticky note reading “on page 2” - as well as the contents of the master page - both the main content “on MASTER” and “in layer on master page” - when I select the second page. 

To export the page without the layer on the master page showing, hide the layer and select sync visibility. From there, you can export your document with only the main content and not the layer of the master page applying. I’ve demonstrated this below with a PNG export. 

I hope this helps! Please let me know if you’re trying to accomplish something different.