Skip to main content

I have tried the presentation system a few times with LucidSpark boards and love it, however, I cannot get to the bottom of a recurring issue.

Whenever I try to present, seemingly random elements will NOT show when the slide is in view. These elements will be visible during the ‘animation’ movement to the new slide but once the slide is fixed in view they will hide or become ‘faded’.

Here’s a minimal example https://lucid.app/lucidspark/b74e6782-4809-4977-99c7-60b74695288a/edit?viewport_loc=-560%2C-359%2C2280%2C1681%2C0_0&invitationId=inv_23987d21-2cb9-46ff-b700-cbee2a2fc7fc

Observe the slide is an extremely basic one, an image and two elements.

In presentation mode, the star element will be faded out.

This happens for arbitrary elements in my experience and I cannot find a pattern to it. It seems to be more common when there are non-image elements near image ones or sometimes when the element overlaps another element.

Additionally, sometimes it will work or different elements show/hide when I present a second or third time.

This bug makes the presentation mode basically unusable so I have to export to PDF or Google Presentation to actually use them. I have also been using frames and the table of contents view when doing presentations but this is less professional.

I have tested this on my Mac (MacOS 13.5.2) the following browsers:

• Arc 1.35.0
  • Safari 17.1.2
  • Chrome 123
  • Firefox 125

Other things I have tried that have made no difference:

• Group all elements I want to show together
  • Remove the ‘frame’
  • Try to move the ‘layer’ ordering around (up/down) to see if I can reset the way the presenter mode is reading things
  • Tried to ensure no elements overlap
  • Tried to ensure that no elements go outside the frame or the presentation box
  • Delete all slides and start again
  • Create a new board from scratch with the same/similar content
  • Toggle the slides viewer on and off

Hi @LB Ben Johnston, thanks for posting in the Lucid Community! Can you please provide a temporary Support PIN for this document? This will allow me to take a closer look at the issue you’re experiencing. For more information on generating a Support PIN, check out this Help Center article.

@Amelia W  - no problems. E3P9drn9afCn

Hi @LB Ben Johnston, thanks for sharing that PIN with me! After doing some testing on my end, I believe I have found the cause. In the Presentation Mode contextual panel, there is a setting that “highlights selected shapes,” which places those shapes above any others that may be near them. In your document, the frame, image, and sticky note were selected. If you copied and pasted them into a new document, this setting would be maintained. If you select the slide, and then the 3-dot menu and remove the highlight, do all shapes appear as you would expect?

Thank you! This was the problem, it must automatically add this when you click on a group of elements and click ‘add slide’.

I see now how this works, there is a small orange outline when there are highlighted shapes.

I really appreciate the prompt reply.

@LB Ben Johnston, no problem! I’m glad to hear that resolved the issue for you. It does appear to apply that setting it you add a slide with shapes selected. Please let me know if you have any further questions!

I have tried the presentation system a few times with LucidSpark boards and love it, however, I cannot get to the bottom of a recurring issue.

Whenever I try to present, seemingly random elements will NOT show when the slide is in view. These elements will be visible during the ‘animation’ movement to the new slide but once the slide is fixed in view they will hide or become ‘faded’.

Thanks Ben for your very thorough and clear presentation of the issue and your various attempts to work around.   Thanks to Amelia for the solution which worked for me in solving the same issue!

Hi @dwbernard, thanks for adding to this thread! I’m glad to hear that this was helpful for you. Please let us know if you have any further questions!