Skip to main content

Hi

I created a whiteboard and then converted it into a persoan template I then deleted my whiteboard and the template was deleted as well is this by design? How can I get the templates to remain even if I delete the original whiteboard it was created from?

Hi Brent thanks for posting in the Lucid Community - I'm happy to help! To clarify when you convert a document to a template it does not still exist as a document in addition to the template - it is only one or the other. If you view a document from your "My Documents" page you'll see it denoted as a template with a label in the thumbnail as shown in this screenshot:

If you delete this file you are deleting the template itself. However if you have separate documents which you have generated from that template they can continue to exist even after the template is deleted. 

I hope this clarifies the intended behavior here. Please let me know if this is not what you are experiencing or if you have additional questions!

Is there a way to stop the templates from accidentally being deleted?

Hi Brent preventing the deletion of documents or templates that you've created isn't currently possible but if you'd like to see support for this in the future we welcome your feedback and additional details about your need for this via our feature request form. Apologies for any inconvenience and thank you for your feedback.