Skip to main content

I have an org chart that goes across the page in landscape mode. The problem is that there is too much information to easily print in a size that is legible.  I only have thee columns.  Boss - Worker - Asst.  So space is wasted above and below in Landscape.  So how can I change the format to portrait mode so that I am able to print in a size I can actually read?  I'm OK if it all doesn't fit on one page.

Hi Michael

Thanks for reaching out to the Lucid community. If you want to change the way that the org chart itself is oriented you can learn how to do so in this help center article. If you like the orientation of the org chart and just want to change the way that the chart exports you can customize the alignment page size and chart size in the download menu as explained here. Hope this helps!

Hi Abby S 

Please provide instructions not a link. This is a simple operation one done in Visio with ease. Lucidchart should be easy. It's about productivity not guruship.

Hi Jim

Thanks for reaching out to the community. Because every document and use case is different there is rarely a one-size-fits-all set of instructions that we can provide that will help every user reach their goal. Instead we aim to provide the right tools and information that can then be applied to any document or use case.

However we recognize that this approach doesn't work in every instance and are happy to provide more specific instructions when needed. If these resources haven't helped or you have some specific questions that you'd like help with please feel free to follow up here with some descriptions/screenshots of how your document is currently formatted what you're hoping to do and where you're running into trouble so that I can take a closer look.