Skip to main content

PDF Image created from excel table is saved as a vector image...but doesn't drop onto lucid charts in the right size or maintain vector quality

• 6 June 2017
  • 1 reply

Hello all....

I am using lucid art to create a poster for a conference I am going to.  I have a large data table that I want to show on the right side of my poster.  My poster is big 40 x 47 inches.  I created a picture from the data table in excel by copying and pasting it exactly how I wanted to be formatted as a picture within excel then saving the picture as a PDF.  When I open the pdf file on my desktop it is very large with large cells and large clear text.  

The problem is when I try to import it to lucid art.  I just add the image (as the PDF image) and then it adds a very little data table image to my lucid art workspace.  When I enlarge it the text within the image pixelates.  I am confused as to how to show these 300 some data entries without the text pixelating.  I've tried enlarging the font in excel then resaving as even larger images but whenever I add the PDF as an image it start as a little 4 x 3 inch box that I have to drag to enlarge then the image quality is lost when the image is the size I want it.

Please help.

Hi Jonathan 

Thanks for posting in the community! 

Importing as an image and then enlarging will usually cause the image to pixelate. A better way to display your table is through our table function which you can read about on our help center table page. Generally tables are used for smaller data sets but this option still might work for you. 

Please comment if you have further questions. 

Best 

Annika