Skip to main content

When I print to PDF on the Lucid Chart interface all looks well. 

But then as soon as the Adobe .pdf creator appears- all of the sudden text I had on a gray background fades into the gray contrast is significantly reduced. My .pdf has a lane that is pretty much unreadable. 

The visibility of layers is correct and like I said- looks correct on the LucidChart print interface. How do I have it render exactly as is shown in Lucid Chart? 

Hi Kate

Thanks for posting in the community. There are a couple of issues that we consistently come up against with printing; do you mind trying these steps and seeing if they clear up the issue?

• Try the export in a Chrome Incognito browsing session. This often improves performance by clearing your cache and cookies and disabling extensions.

• Please also try printing to PDF from a different internet connection to make sure that there is no network interference.

• Sometimes diagrams that are imported from other sources (such as Visio Draw.io or others) have trouble. Was this diagram imported? If so copying and pasting the contents of the document into a new Lucidchart document can sometimes resolve the issue.

If these steps don't resolve the issue please let me know.

Hi Ashley. I have tried again from an Ingonito session and a new internet connect. I still encounter the same issue. This was not imported from another source; this was created directly in Lucidchart. Therefore the third troubleshooting item is not applicable here. 

Hi Kate

Thanks for getting back so quickly. I'm going to create a ticket from this request so our support team can take a closer look at what may be going on. Keep an eye out for a response in your inbox.

Did this ever get fixed? I'm having the same issue on a file created in lucidchart....when I export as PDF none of the text passes through

Hi Jack

Thanks for posting in the Community and apologies for the trouble you're experiencing with exporting - if you've tried the troubleshooting steps that Ashley lists above and are still experiencing issues, can you provide a screenshot of the issue?