Skip to main content

Hello!

I have our org chart linked with our BambooHR all works really well.  I need to create a new org chart that details salaries for the entire company (so salary on each person) and then I will be splitting down into teams.

I have added a new Employee Field called 'pay rate' which is what the salary is called in BambooHR but its not pulling it through.

Any suggestions as I really dont want to have to go through and input everyone's salary individually (and I want it to be able to update the same as the org chart as things will change).

Thank you

Amy

Hi Amy 

Thanks for posting in the Lucidchart Community! When importing your data from BambooHR you should be prompted to select the specific data you would like to import and the fields corresponding to the selected data should automatically show up in the Employee Fields menu. This means that if the 'pay rate' data was successfully imported you would not need to add a custom field for it. If that field wasn't showing under the Employee Fields menu (which seems to be the case since you added a field yourself) it's likely that it wasn't imported. This may be due to two main reasons: 

1. You have not selected that data from the import employee table when importing your org chart from BambooHR. To rule out this possibility could you try importing your data again and make sure you are checking the box next to "pay rate"? This data should show as a clickable option the same way as "placeholder" in the screenshot below.

2. If the "pay rate" option is not showing in your import employee table when importing the data could you double-check that you have access to that information in BambooHR? Users are only able to import into Lucidchart data they have permission to use in BambooHR so if you are unable to import the "pay rate" field chances are that you don't have the required permissions to import/use that information. 

You can find more information about those two points in our Org Chart article from the Lucidchart Help Center. 

If the "pay rate" option is showing for you and you have selected it when importing your data but it's still not appearing as a field in your Employee Fields menu please send the following information so I can take a closer look:

• A screenshot of your import employee table when importing the data.

• A screenshot of your Employee Fields menu before creating any custom fields. 

Hope this information helps. Thanks for your help and patience!