Skip to main content

Hi everyone!

I’ve got a list with a few hundred text items I’d like to import into lucidchart directly into individual blocks. Ultimately to be able to move them around to sort them.  Aware of the import function (like Smart Containers), but this seems to lock the fields when I’d like to be able to move them around freely…

Thanks!
Matt

Hi Matt, 

Thanks for your post! 

If you’d like to stick to Smart Containers, you can move your shapes around but with certain limitations: 

• You can move shapes from one container to another by dragging and dropping. The downside is that you will still be limited by the containers. 
  • You can also mode one smart container at a time by clicking on the container name and dragging it to a new position. 

However, I understand this may not be the best fit for your use case. An alternative would be to use our data linking feature to import your dataset to your document. Once you have imported the data set, you will be able to assign data to objects or groups of objects and then move them around freely.

To learn more about this option and see if it suits you, please check out our Link data to a Lucidchart document article from the Lucid Help Center. And to see a demonstration of how this feature works, take a look at this Community post:

For those interested in learning more about our Smart Containers import functionality, please review our Visualize data with Smart Containers article!