Skip to main content

I am attempting to copy text information from Word and paste into a Text box in Lucid and it is not working. Is there a step I am missing? I have attempted using keyboard shortcuts the mouse buttons and the Paste option from the menu.  Thanks.

Hey Renae 

Thanks for posting in the Lucid Community! It sounds like you are doing everything correctly--I would make sure you are editing the text box which is shown by the blinking vertical line. If you are would you mind to tell me what you are seeing on your end when you use Ctrl+V to paste into Lucidchart.

Just in case here is an article concerning text that should help out along the way. Please reach back out with more comments or questions I am happy to help--Cheers!

Hi Phillip

I was seeing the blinking cursor so that wasn't the problem.  When I attempt to paste nothing happens.  The document starts auto saving like something happened but I don't see anything on the screen.

Hey Renae

Hmm...because this seems to be specific to your document and account I have created a support ticket for you so we can troubleshoot this issue without sharing your personal information here on this forum. We will get this worked out over there--thank you for your help and patience!

If anyone else out there is experiencing a similar issue please reach out to us directly at support@lucidchart.com.