Solved

Paste Style to multiple objects no longer works

• 8 February 2024
  • 3 replies

Badge +2

In Lucidchart, I used to be able to copy a style of an object and then paste it to multiple other objects of the same type. For example, I could copy the style of a line, then highlight multiple other lines and paste the style. You were only able to paste the style to multiple objects of the other objects were of the same type, which makes sense. However, something changed recently and I can no longer paste the style if I have multiple objects selected, even if they’re the same type. Now I can only paste the style to if I have a single object selected. When I have multiple objects selected and I right click the “Paste Style” menu item isn’t there. Why was this removed? Can it be put back? I use the paste style option all the time.

icon

Best answer by Frank S102 9 February 2024, 03:43

View original

Comments

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi @Frank S102, thanks for posting and apologies for the trouble! The “paste style” feature is still available for multiple objects, so let’s see what may be causing this issue for you. To clarify, are you experiencing this with all object types (sticky notes, shapes, text, etc) and in all documents? Additionally, do you mind testing this using a Chrome incognito window to see if this resolves the issue? 

Badge +2

Aloha @Addie ,

I really was only trying it with lines/connectors. It had been happening for the last two weeks or so. I’m not sure what’s going on because now the option is there again. I tried in a chrome incognito window, as you suggested, and it worked. I then tried in a regular chrome window and it was working there too. I also opened a bug report, so maybe they fixed it. Or maybe I was just going crazy lol. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi @Frank S102, thank you for the response! I’m sorry for the odd inconsistency - sometimes there can be issues with the browser that can create an odd problem, and when you close out and restart, it can fix it 💫 

I’m happy to hear the issue has resolved itself - but if you experience it again or have additional questions, please feel free to reach out and we would be happy to help address it!