Solved

Organization Chart data refresh from excel

• 16 May 2024
  • 2 replies

Badge

Hello, I am wondering if anyone know of a way or if it is possible to link excel to the Organization Chart.

And have the data refresh automatically without using google sheets?

Or is this feature only available with google sheets?

The company I work for does not use google, but microsoft 365.

And we are not a big fan of google having our data in the cloud since they are not that great at GDPR rules from EU.

icon

Best answer by Quadeshia 16 May 2024, 22:29

View original

Comments

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Hello @MartinR !

Thank you for reaching out in the Lucid Community! We are happy to help!

Currently, Lucid supports the following import methods: Google Sheets, Excel files or CSV. However, refresh is only an option for Google Sheets, but we can replace the dataset for Excel.

For more details, I recommend reviewing our Help Center Article: Create an Org Chart.

Please feel free to let me know if you have any additional questions. Thank you! 

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Greetings, Martin! I’m happy to let you know that we’re in the process of building an Excel integration with Lucidchart. This feature will allow you to import spreadsheets from Office 365 business accounts, and have 2-way syncing between Lucid and your Excel spreadsheet. 

If you (or anyone reading this) is interested, shoot me a DM. I can get you onboarded to our Excel beta.  We’re actively looking for testers that can provide feedback and feature requests for this new capability.