Skip to main content

Hello - 

When I have used Lucidchart in the past I have been able to click and drag individuals throughout the page without moving them to other managers and messing up the chart. In the past the line that associated them to their manager would simply move with it. Now they have all of the red plus signs surrounding their profile and will not allow for any fluid placements on the page. 

I am trying to lay out a fairly large org and move people around to fit on one to two pages but I feel like now Lucidchart took away the ability to move people's boxes around. 

Is there a way to "unlock" these org charts to allow for further editing?

Thank you!

Thanks for posting! 

With the new org chart experience it is not possible to freely move employees around on the canvas. The reason we have built the tool this way is to facilitate cleaner layouts. If you would like to request for more fluid functionality please fill out one of our feature request forms

That said it should still be possible to fit your org chart on a single page. You can do this by selecting the "fit to page" option in the page settings panel on the right of your document. 

Hope this helps!