Skip to main content

Hello - we imported our org chart via CSV and that was all fine - however I am needing to break some of these groups free of the container and be able to move them to different pages and edit freely into different "what if" situations.  I'm skilled at using Lucid chart outside of this type of container but I need that freedom.

I've copied and pasted some boxes but it keeps pasting inside the overall chart. How can I BE FREE? :) 

Hi Cynthia thanks for posting on the community! In order to separate your Org Chart into smaller groups based on different criteria I would recommend reimporting your dataset and selecting the "Create Separate Org Charts for each:" (and here selecting your desired criteria such as: location supervisor ID etc.) instead of the "Create one Org Chart for my entire organization" option as seen in the screenshot below. 

This process for importing your data into separate Org Charts (which will automatically be put on separate pages of your document) is outlined in the "Import Data" section of our Org Charts article. Please let me know if you have any further questions!

I am having the same issue.  There is no linked data but some groups from the original document appear unbreakable and I am stuck.

Hi Brandon

Thanks for adding to this thread!

Are you using a template? If so you will need to follow the steps below:

• Enter edit mode by double clicking on your org chart first

• Select the group of employee you want to break away from the rest of your org chart

• Copy the selection using Command (or Cmd) ⌘ + C (Control + C on Windows)

• Once copied right-click on the selection and select Delete (or Cut) from the drop-down menu

• Exit Edit mode by clicking ESC on your keyboard

• Paste the selection you had previously copied (Command (or Cmd) ⌘ + V on Mac or Control + V on Windows) away from your org chart

🥳 You've successfully broken away part of your chart!