Skip to main content

Why can I not use the "Add Action" feature when using pre-built org chart templates? I want to add a document that can be click on within the "Department" info to explain what that particular manager's team does.

If that feature is not possible will the templates can you show me how expand/hide a group of shapes under the above shape/individual like you can do with the org charts?

Thanks!

Hi Mattson 

Thanks for posting in the community! You can add actions to an org chart template; the first step is to ensure that you've properly selected an element of your org chart (an employee shape text etc.) for the action to be attached to. In this example I've added a custom field called "Job Description" and set the displayed value to also be "Job Description." 

Then in the employee shape I've selected the words "Job Description" clicked the lightning bolt Actions button and selected the Web option. You also have the option to link to another Lucidchart document another page of your current Lucidchart document layer toggles within the current page or to start a new email. Instead of highlighting and adding an action to the text I could add the same link to the entire employee shape itself. 

Hope this helps! Please let me know if you have any further questions and feel free to take a look at our Org Chart and Actions and Hotspots articles as additional resources.