Skip to main content

With Lucid Charts is there a way to import an org chart and run metrics without adding it to the source?

For example if I import a 1000 employee org chart and I want to see how many managers only have 3 or less direct reports can I do that with Lucid Charts?

Another example if I want to see the salary of a department if I merge two departments can that be done with Lucid Charts? 

Again I don't want to add formulas in the Excel document -- I'd like to accomplish this using Lucid Charts Interface.

Hi Steve

Thanks for commenting in our Lucid Community! Just to make sure that we are on the same page please review our Org Charts article from the Lucidchart Help Center. This article includes a lot of helpful information on what our Org Chart Template can do.

In regards to figuring out which managers have 3 or less direct reports you could use our conditional formatting feature. In this example any manager with 3 or less direct reports would change to the green color.

The salary part is a bit trickier. It would be simpler to calculate within Excel itself but might be possible with Lucid’s formulas. Check out this Formulas resource to see if any of the available formulas might accomplish what you are trying to do.

Hope this helps answer a few questions! 

Hi! I’m Micah from Lucid’s community team. 👋 Jumping in here to share about Lucid’s Data Trusted User Group. This group is made up of knowledgeable users who regularly analyze and visualize data in their work. As part of this group, you’ll have the opportunity to connect directly with Lucid’s product team, gain early access to beta features, and share insights about your needs, shaping the future of Lucid’s data solutions 🎉 You can learn more and request to join here. Thanks!

Hi, Steve! Since you’re working with Excel files I wanted to let you know that we are actively developing an Excel integration with Lucidchart. This feature will allow you to import spreadsheets from Office 365 business accounts, and have 2-way syncing between Lucid and your Excel spreadsheet. 

If you (or anyone reading this) is interested, shoot me a DM. I can get you onboarded to our Excel beta.  We’re actively looking for testers that can provide feedback and feature requests for this new capability.