Skip to main content

When I set up an org chart linked to a gSheet after some days/weeks the link to the data breaks and I can't update. Essentially having to re-link and reformat the org chart. I have checked that the gSheet was not renamed or otherwise removed the org chart just loses the link.

Hi Steve

Thanks for posting in the community! Just to make sure that we are on the same page please review our Org Charts article and Data linking article from the Lucidchart Help Center and let me know if you have any questions about the set up or intended functionality.

There are a few specific things worth noting when working with data linking:

• If linking to a data set from Google Sheets and you make changes to the Google Sheet Lucidchart will automatically sync every 30 seconds but you can also force sync by clicking the refresh button above where the data is shown in Lucidchart.

• If your data still does not refresh please try re-uploading your data using "replace data set".

• Currently our data import size limit is 2MB. Please let us know if you are attempting to import a file that size or larger.

• If this does not help could you try unlinking and relinking your Google account with Lucid?

If the issue persists could you please submit a support ticket with the following information:

• A screenshot of the issue.

• The URL of the document with your Org chart so that I can take a look.

• The data you are trying to link.

Please let me know if you have any questions. Thanks for your help and patience!