Solved

Org Chart Label data reverts to default text after adding reporting line

Badge

I have entered data into a custom label on a person’s org chart shape. After I add a reporting line, the text I entered into the label reverts to the default guiding text and I have to re-type the information into the label.  Label data seems to remain intact if the reporting line already exists.  Am I doing something wrong?

icon

Best answer by Ria S 8 May 2024, 12:41

View original

Comments

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hello @DEndo 

Here are a few suggestions that you can try:

1. Make sure you are saving your document regularly before making changes like adding reporting lines. Sometimes, if the document isn’t saved, recent changes like label modifications might not be fully applied.

2. Sometimes temporary glitches can cause unexpected behavior in software. Try logging out and then logging back into Lucidchart, or try restarting your browser.

3. Ensure that your browser is up to date, as older versions might not support all features properly. Additionally, try clearing your browser cache or try using Lucidchart in a different browser to see if the issue persists.

4. Check if the settings or properties of the labels are set correctly. Ensure that the labels are not set to reset upon modifications to the chart structure.

5. If possible, try using layers for the labels or locking the label feature before adding reporting lines. This might prevent the labels from resetting.

6. If none of the above steps work, it may be helpful to contact Lucidchart support directly. Provide them with detailed information about the issue, including the steps you’ve taken, so they can assist you more effectively. You can check out the article here for further information. Getting support in the Lucid Community | Community

I hope that this is helpful.

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Great tips @Ria S, and thank you for your post @DEndo

@DEndo, would you please share a screenshot of what you’re seeing before and after adding the reporting line?