Skip to main content

I'm creating an org chart for an entire IT department split into multiple pages using the CSV import. How can I get the same Director / VP to appear on the high level page and then again on the page for their specific group? I'm able to add them after I import everyone else. But whenever I have two lines for the same employee on the CSV the importer throws an error even if I mark them as going to different pages.

Hi Steve

Thanks for posting in the Lucidchart Community. It should be possible to generate an org chart with duplicate employee information within the file you import but depending on how you've organized your spreadsheet it may be easier to manually add the Director/VP in question after you've imported. Would you mind describing how you've decided to separate your org chart and specify which columns/attributes you're using to do so? 

The spreadsheet I created had a new column called "Page" that I used to denote which employees should show on which tab. My desire was to have the CTO and her direct reports on the first tab and then subsequent tabs for each group with their leader also present. I am able to add it manually. However when I export the data to CSV after doing so I cannot re-import it because each groups leader shows as a duplicate from the one on the first tab. Hope that makes sense.

Hi Steve

Thanks for providing the additional context. Would you mind contacting us through this form and including your Lucidchart document URL and the CSV file you're importing so we can look into this? Thanks in advance for your help and patience. 

Unfortunately this functionality is not currently supported in Lucidchart. This use case can only be achieved by adding the employee manually after the org chart has been imported.

If others would also like to see this functionality added to Lucidchart in the future please submit a feature request form through this link