Skip to main content

I am trying to import my table. The column headers I have are "Name" "Supervisor Name" "Employee ID"
I keep getting a data error that there are duplicates but it's because the supervisors oversee several employees.

In the Org Char Help Center it states "Note: With the new org chart experience it is not possible to identify employees and supervisors by name."

These are the filters I used followed by the error I get on the final screen. There are no supervisors missing but all of the supervisors listed in the supervisor column in the 2nd screenshot are highlighted in red.

Can someone suggest a work-around?

Hi Mel

Thanks for reaching out in the community! I’m sorry for the trouble you are having with org charts and am happy to help. Formatting issues are usually due to issues with the way that the uploaded CSV is formatted. If you are experiencing formatting issues please double check the following:

- If you are using names: The first and last names of your employees must be in the same column. Also note that for your org chart to be properly formatted every person that appears as a manager/supervisor must also appear as an employee.

- If you are using Employee ID: Employee ID numbers need to be unique and no other employee can have the same number. Reporting ID numbers can have duplicates but there cannot be multiple people not reporting to anyone for the import to work neatly.

If none of these ideas resolve the issue please create a support request with the URL of the document a screenshot of the trouble that you are seeing and the original CSV file using this link.

Feel free to let me know if you have any further questions. Thanks for your help and patience!