Skip to main content

I have imported my org chart using Excel and CSV.  Our photos are not public so I want to bulk import the photos into lucidcharts.

In my chart I cannot find an opton to bulk upload org chart photos.  There is no option for shapes.  I can import images one at a time but we have hundreds of people.   

https://lucidchart.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360000907426-Org-Charts#collapseSix

Where is the bulk upload photos menu?

I also saw that I can sync images with onedrive.  Is this correct?  Does sync images with onedrive work with the org chart?

My images have the same name as my key.  

Hi there Janet thanks for posting in the Lucidchart Community! You can upload photos to your org chart in bulk and the photos will then be automatically added to the correct employee shape. To do this select the org chart and click on upload photos (make sure you have selected the org chart but not an individual employee shape to upload photos for the whole org chart at once). Please note that the names of the images need to contain the name or employee ID of the corresponding employee. Otherwise Lucidchart will not be able to automatically match the photo with the correct employee and the upload does not work. 

The image sync with OneDrive is currently not available for org charts. However we're always looking for ways to improve Lucidchart and your feedback is the best way for us to do that. Would you mind adding your idea to our feature request form? Ideas submitted to this form are passed on to the product development team for their consideration. 

For anyone else interested in our org chart features please take a look at the Org Charts Help Center article for more information on this.

Hi Eric

Can the upload Photos functionality limitation of 200 files be adjusted to more?
Thanks and regards
Desmond

Hi Desmond! Unfortunately it is not possible to extend to file limit for uploading images. However we're always looking for ways to improve Lucidchart! Could you add your idea to our feature request form? Ideas submitted to this form are passed on to the product development team for their consideration.

Thanks for your request and I apologize for any inconvenience this causes you.

Hi Eric

Thanks for the quick reply and advice.

Would it be possible to have the add the photos from a shared drive like one drive or upload it via the basic import?

Thanks!

Desmond

Hello Desmond

Thanks for getting back!

There are a few ways to add images to employee shapes. You can import them with your dataset import image files in bulk from your computer and add a public image URL to an individual employee shape. 

Please note that all images must be uploaded from your computer or linked from a public source. It is not possible to link from One Drive as the source is not public.

Our Org chart help article will walk you through the different ways you can import pictures: Add photos to your org chart

Please let us know if you have additional questions!