Skip to main content

I need to transfer my account to another user on my account.  How can I do this?  I am leaving the company and need to transfer account ownership this week.  thanks

Hi Jim 

Thanks for posting in the community! For a full rundown of the options, check out our Transfer Lucid documents article.

Some additional options may work depending on your account type and situation:

• If you are currently the account owner of a team or enterprise account and are wanting to transfer ownership to another user who is part of your account you can make this change through your admin panel under the Users tile. First select the user you would like to be the new account owner then select “Actions” then select “Make Account Owner”.
  • If you have a single user account (free basic pro or individual) you can transfer the account to someone else by navigating to User Settings under Account Settings and simply changing the personal information on your account to the new user's. For help with this please refer to this Account Settings article 

Let me know if you have any additional questions!

I'm trying to transfer my account but not having much luck. I don't see an Admin panel to change the user. When I try to change to the user by using the Account Setting I get an error message that the person I am trying to transfer it to already exists. What else can I do?

Hey Alicia thanks for continuing this thread! The Admin Panel is the account management tool for administrators of Team and Enterprise accounts; those on single-user accounts like Free and Individual do not have admin panels. To transfer your account to another colleague I recommend navigating to User Settings under Account Settings and simply changing the personal information on your account to the new user's - it sounds like you've attempted this step! However our system allows an email address to be associated with only a single account and the message you're receiving indicates that the email address you're trying to add to your account is already in use. This means that your colleague already has a Lucidchart account under this email address. In order to use that address on your account your colleague's existing account will need to either be deleted have its email address changed to free the current one for use or consolidated into yours (by sharing the documents with your account making a copy in your account and then closing the account). Please let me know if you have any additional questions about these options!