Skip to main content

Hi all

I am using some shapes that act as buttons to enable/disable views of certain layers. However there is an issue in that the icon for notes appear above all layers. So you end up with the shape not visible but the icon for the shape note.

In addition once you click on a note it appears have "selected" the layer based on the shape assignment this means the buttons on different layers become unselectable once you select a note.

These two issues combined are greatly impacting the usability of the chart.

Thanks

Hi Esmond thanks for posting in the Community! The notes icon associated with a shape should disappear when you toggle off a layer than includes the associated shape. I have included below a screen recording in which I add a note to a shape and then toggle the shape on/off and the note icon successfully toggles accordingly. After you have clicked on a note you can click anywhere else on the canvas to exit the note editing mode and make other changes to your document.

If you are seeing something else when you attempt to hide a layer including a shape with an attached note can you please submit a ticket using our Contact Support Form and include the doc URL and screenshot and/or screen recording of the issue so we can take a closer look?

For anyone else looking to work with notes and layers please consult the following resources from our Help Center for some helpful tips:

Hope this helps!

Thanks for the response. I have raised a support ticket and attached a video of the issue. The issues are fully in the present mode and not in edit mode.