Skip to main content

You can use an existing template on a new tab.

Open an existing Lucidchart.  Click the "+" to create a new tab in the tab bar.

In the new tab look for the Import button at the very bottom of your Shapes window on the left hand side of your workspace (you may have to scroll your shapes upwards to get to the bottom).

Select Import then the Templates tab then open the template.  It will populate the chart canvas you last had open with the new template.

Comments I read in your knowledgebase are incorrect.  My comments above are to help users get this value from templates when adding additional tabs.

Lucidchart should add the option to use a template directly after the "+" to add a new tab is selected!!!  Shouldn't have to feel around to figure this out.

Hi Tim thanks for posting in the community. As Lucidchart strives to provide the best experience possible functionality can change which means that contributions made in this community in the past may not represent the current state of Lucidchart. If you can provide the URL to the post you are referring to I would be happy to update it with the current functionality. We appreciate you sharing your knowledge here as well!

Regarding your idea to immediately prompt the user to insert a template - would you mind adding your thoughts to this feature request form? Ideas submitted here are passed directly to the development team for their consideration when prioritizing improvements to the product. Thanks for your request!