Skip to main content

I'm trying to create a custom shape that uses a bigger font color and alignment than my default settings for the document.  Here's what I'm doing but it's not working.

1) My document text defaults are size 7 black text and center alignment.

2) I drag a standard Process shape from the Flowchart template on to my canvas.  It's created with the default text settings as expected.

3) I modify that shape to be size 12 bold blue text and left alignment.

4) I drag that modified shape into a custom library to create my new custom shape and give it a name

5) I change my default text settings back to size 7 black text and center alignment

6) I then try dragging my new custom shape (with the modified settings) from my custom library onto the canvas.  Even though it shows the shape with the modified text settings when I drag it when I drop it onto the canvas the settings revert back to the document default.

What am I doing wrong?  Is it not possible to save modified text settings with a custom shape?

Hi Hegedus thanks for your post. Unfortunately it's not currently possible to save modified text formatting in a custom shape. As a workaround you could copy the style of the shape and quickly apply it to all other shapes of the same type on the canvas. To do this right-click on your shape and select Copy Style. Then navigate to Select in the top menu bar and chose Shapes with Same>Shape Type to select all shapes of this type. Right-click on one of the selected shapes>Paste Style. 

If you would like to promote the functionality you described to our product development team would you mind adding your idea to our feature request form? Thanks again for posting and apologies for any inconvenience this causes you.