Solved

Not printing background since Windows 11 update

• 1 February 2024
  • 5 replies

Badge +1

I noticed this week that background colors I set via document settings in Lucidchart do not print. I normally set ivory as the background color for flowcharts I am creating to add contrast to make the shapes easier to see.  This week I started having this issue.

When I choose print from the file menu on the Lucidchart webapp the background color does not show in the preview.  It does not print or show if I create a pdf via the print option.  I’ve tried with both Chrome and Edge.  The only thing that has changed at my end is that I updated from Windows 10 to Windows 11.

For the time being I am adding an ivory colored shape that I enlarge to cover the entire page and move that to the back.  This is not a good solution as I cannot view the grid.

Any suggestions or solutions would be appreciated.

icon

Best answer by Micah 1 February 2024, 19:34

View original

Comments

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

HI @CSE Dave, thanks for this post and apologies for the trouble! Would you be willing to share a screenshot of the correct ivory color you’ve set within the editor and the incorrect exported PDF where the background isn’t retained? Additionally, can you clarify if this happens with any document or just one in particular?

Badge +1

This happens with all documents.  That includes existing documents that were created before I started having this issue.

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Thanks for getting back to me with those screenshots. Once you open the printing or exporting menu to choose those settings, can you please confirm that you have toggled on the “Include Page Fill” setting? This should ensure that your background fill color is maintained. See my example in the GIF below:

Badge +1

Thank you.  That has solved the issue.

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Glad to hear it! Please let me know if there’s anything else I can do to help.