Skip to main content

Non-Isosceles non-right angle triangle

• 29 March 2018
  • 1 reply
  • 1 view

Hi I'm trying to create a diagram that is comprised of a number of triangles within a rectangle like in the image attached. I'd like these triangles to be graduated filled so I need to create them as triangles rather than joining a series of lines together as I've done so far.

I can use right angled triangles to do the outer 2 triangles but neither them nor the isosceles triangle helps for the inner 3. I can't see how to draw an unequal triangle. Can you please advise me on how to complete the diagram? Alternatively is there an option to create a space using lines and then flood fill the space within the lines? That way I could take the diagram I've created and simply fill the spaces to get the same effect.

Thanks

Rob

Comments

Thanks for reaching out. Currently we do not have the feature that allows you to fill the individual spaces separated by the lines with different colors. We're always looking for ways to improve Lucidchart and your feedback is the best way for us to do that. Would you mind adding your idea to our feature request form.This form allows our team to categorize like requests and bring them to our product team. As a work around you can try importing your own shapes into the editor to be able to build your design. There is more information about importing your own shapes in this help center article.