Skip to main content

Hi-

An hour ago I could make actions to toggle specific layers on and off. Now when I try to set up an action to toggle layers the only item in the drop-down is "Select All." Why will it not let me pick one of my existing layers? 

Hi Emily thanks for posting on the Community! I have been unable to reproduce this issue on my own document.

Can you first try opening your document in a private or incognito window to help us narrow down the potential cause? Could you also try connecting to a different network? Sometimes account performance issues can be related to internet security/speed or browser issues. These steps will help us eliminate that possibility.

If you are still running into this issue in trying to create actions after trying the basic troubleshooting steps outlined above can you please submit a ticket using our Contact Support Form and include the following information:

• The URL of the document

• This screenshot of the issue

• A screenshot of the associated Javascript Console output after reproducing the issue. You can open your Javascript Console by pressing Ctrl+Shift+J (if your computer is a Windows/Linux) OR Cmd+Opt+J (if your computer is a Mac).

That information will help us take a closer look at the issue. Thanks for your help!

Thank you! Troubleshooting didn't work...sending a ticket now.

Emily

Running into the same problem no resolution.

Hi Doug thanks for following up on this thread. Would you mind checking if you are on a Master page in your document? That could cause the layers not to show in the Actions toolbar as described in Emily's original post. 

You will see 'M' on the page tab if it is a Master page. To convert to a normal page select the arrow next to the page name and choose 'Convert to Page' from the list. This should allow you to see and select individual layers in the Actions toolbar. Once you have set up your actions to link to layers you can then convert your page back to a Master page from the page tab.