Skip to main content

I am trying to draw an irregular shape with numerous changes in direction and with angles. Will Lucid do this? I found the floor plan template but the shapes are regular and cannot be made irregular.

Hi Joe

Thanks for reaching out in the Lucidchart community! Unfortunately we currently do not support drawing irregular shapes in Lucidchart. However we're always looking for ways to improve our product would you mind adding your idea to our feature request form? Ideas submitted to this form are passed on to our development team for their consideration.

As a workaround for now you could create the shape you want by using shapes already available in our Shapes library and adding that to your own Custom shapes library. I've attached a screen recording of how you can do this below. 

If you have a shape that has already been created in a different application you could also export and import the shape through a file that we support

To learn how to add modified shapes to custom libraries you can take a look here. For more information on creating Advanced Custom shapes please visit our Modify Format and Style Shapes Help Center article. You can also find out more about our Floorplan Tools here.

Thanks for your request and I apologize for the inconvenience. If you have any other questions feel free to let me know.