Skip to main content

Hi everyone I need some help please.  I need to create diagrams and am hoping LucidChart can create them based on an Excel file. Does anyone know where to begin?  Thanks in advance for your help!

Christie Quinn 

Hi Christie

Thanks for posting your question in the community! I'm happy to help you get started here and help answer any additional questions you may have. You are able to import a dataset using an Excel file with more advanced features (like data linking) being available to Enterprise accounts.

Starting from the baseline anyone on an Individual or Team plan can do a one-time import of a dataset. You can learn more about what data visualization functionality is available to each account type here.

Enterprise users have access to the data linking and refresh feature. You can learn more about the steps to link a dataset and work with the diagram here.

I hope this helps get you started on the right path. Feel free to check out those resources and follow up in this thread with anymore questions.

is there step-by-step instruction for this? Can anyone show an example?

Hi Mark 

Thanks for continuing this thread! We have step by step instructions on how to import data sets from Google Sheets Excel spreadsheets and CSVs into Lucidchart here in this Help Center article. You can use data to create powerful data-driven visualizations. To see examples and learn more about the ways you can do this I recommend also checking our Visualizing Your Data course which will guide your through:

• How to import your data into a Lucidchart document

• How to begin managing your data

• How to monitor data performance in real-time

• How to work with multiple data sets in a single document 

• How to use data linking pro tips to your advantage 

If you have any follow-up questions or want to discuss how you're using your data please let us know!

Hi! I’m Micah from Lucid’s community team. 👋 I thought you, and any others who might come across this topic in the future, might be interested in Lucid’s Data Trusted User Group. This group is made up of knowledgeable users who regularly analyze and visualize data in their work. As part of this group, you’ll have the opportunity to connect directly with Lucid’s product team, gain early access to beta features, and share insights about your needs, shaping the future of Lucid’s data solutions 🎉 You can learn more and request to join here. Thanks!

Hi, Christie! Because you’re working with Excel files I wanted to let you know that we are actively developing an Excel integration with Lucidchart. This feature will allow you to import spreadsheets from Office 365 business accounts, and have 2-way syncing between Lucid and your Excel spreadsheet. 

If you (or anyone reading this) is interested, shoot me a DM. I can get you onboarded to our Excel beta.  We’re actively looking for testers that can provide feedback and feature requests for this new capability.