Skip to main content

We were trying to use the document revisions to navigate different versions of our Spark board. However the navigation was so slow that the browser was timing out the tab. Is there any way to fix or debug this situation?

Hello,

Thank you for your post!

We have taken a look our side and are unable to reproduce the issue right now.

If your Lucidspark document is very large would you mind trying from different / private browser. Could you also try duplicating the document and verify whether you experience the same issue on the duplicate.

To clarify, are you working with Jira cards? We tried reproducing the issue by adding up to 10 Jira cards and playing around and we couldn't recreate the results you are experiencing.

If this still appears to be an ongoing issue please provide the additional details that would help us diagnose the issue. Please review the support document here which may help you out further: 

• Browser and version
  • A screen shot of what you are seeing and / or any error messages
  • An idea of the size of your document (you can find this in the document list view in Lucid - click the 'i' icon with your document selected)

Please let us know if you have any other questions and we’ll do what we can to help you out.

Hi, the browser was Chrome  on two different computers and accounts. The screen would simply freeze when you click on any revision name. 

There is no “i” icon but the document properties says it is about 9GB.

We had also recently upgraded the connection to our Jira as recommended by the Lucid application. We are concerned that this upgrade may have degraded the experience. 

Looks like it may be something on the Lucid website… hundred’s of browser console errors when I open the revision browser panel. Normally there are only around 10-15 critical errors with Lucid pages so something is going on at that level.

Hi @Shawn Giese, thanks for following up! And thank you @Leo Barnes for your response here!

To confirm, your document is 9 GB in size, correct? This is quite a large document, which may be contributing to the freezing you’re experiencing when Lucid attempts to display an older version of your document. Is it possible to split your document in any way?

Upgrading your connection to Jira should not degrade Lucid’s performance in this way. However, if the issue persists after decreasing the size of your document,  can you please send a temporary Support PIN for this document? This will allow me to take a closer look at the issue you’re experiencing. For more information on generating a Support PIN, check out this Help Center article.