Skip to main content

Hello 

I'm having issues trying to import data into Lucid from MySQL using the 'import from SQL' feature. Using the provided query I'm able get get all my tables but there are NO relationships included and NO relationship lines drawn when tables are added to the canvas.

Hi David thanks for posting! Just to confirm do you mean that there are no primary keys and foreign key relationships indicated within the data file uploaded at the end of the SQL import process (detailed in this section of our ERD article)? Or can you see those relationships in the data file you're importing but these relationships just aren't showing as lines between ERD shapes in the final rendered diagram? 

As a first step could you double-check that you are inputting the query provided into one of the four supported DBMS and that you selected the correct DBMS during the import process? If that doesn't help please attempt this process in a Chrome incognito browsing session. Sometimes extensions or cache/cookies problems can interfere with the ERD import so this will help us rule that out. 

If you're using a supported DBMS I recommend contacting the Support team directly using this form so we can take a closer look at your specific data file. Please be sure to include the following if/when you reach out:

• The .csv file or plain text output received from your DBMS after running the query provided by Lucidchart.
  • The URL to your diagram.
  • The name of the DBMS you are attempting to import from