Solved

Multiple set of smart containers grouped under multiple names

• 14 May 2024
  • 3 replies

Badge +1

Below is what I am trying to do. 

Expectation: There are 2 Smart container sets for quarter 1 and quarter 2. These need to be developed for multiple products. 

Right now i can create Quarter 1 for Product 1 alone.

icon

Best answer by Amelia W 16 May 2024, 21:22

View original

Comments

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Hi @Yuva Mic, thanks for posting in the Lucid Community! Are you referring to how the shape tiles are grouped within your Quarter 1 and Quarter 2 Smart Containers for both products?

To change how shape tiles are grouped within Smart Containers, follow these steps:

1. Hover your cursor over a Smart Container.
  2. Click Smart Containers from the top-left corner of the selection.
  3. Select the Layout tab from the top of the Context panel that appears on the right-hand side of the workspace.
  4. In the “Layout” tab of the data panel, select an option from the “Group by” dropdown menu.
  5. Select a new grouping option.

For more information, check out our Smart Containers article from the Lucid Help Center! Please let me know if I’m misunderstanding, or if you have additional questions!

Badge +1

@Amelia W Thank you for your reply.

I was not referring to the tiles inside the containers.

The picture posted in an earlier post is what i am trying to achieve by importing data from one google sheet one time,one shot. 

If you refer the screenshot posted in earlier post, i am able to import and create smart container for product one. For product 2- I have imported data from another google sheet into another Lucid sheet and then copy pasted the same in my main Lucid sheet. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Hi @Yuva Mic, thanks for following up with that clarification! You can create multiple Smart Containers using different datasets within one Lucidchart document, using the Import Data button. The dataset used to create the Smart Container will not influence a new Smart Container created in the same document. When a Smart Container is selected, you can adjust the layout settings and view the associated data in the Contextual Panel at the right of the editor.

If I’m understanding you correctly, it sounds like you would like to only use one data source, is that correct? If you have multiple products saved within a dataset, I would recommend grouping by product, and then add the Quarter as a field to view on the card. Let me know if you have any additional questions!