Skip to main content

I'm making a floor plan and I have a text box that is in a layer. I created a Toggle Layer with the employee information on it and associated it with the text box. When I move the text box around the floor plan the Toggle Layer doesn't move with it. Is there a way to move both at the same time without moving anything else?

Hi Karen

Thank you for posting in the Lucid Community! To clarify--you have the text box acting as a "button" to toggle the employee information from being visible or not from another layer is that correct? If so moving the objects on two different layers at the same time is not possible as they cannot be grouped together. 

If this is not the case would you mind to clarify just a bit more so I can help out? Thank you for your help and patience!

Hi Phillip

Yes you are correct. Thank you for your help!

If the text box was on a page and not on a layer would there be a way to just move the text box and the corresponding toggle layer? I know I can highlight them and move them but it's hard to do that on a floor plan that has walls and furniture. 

Hi Karen

Thank you for the reply. Unfortunately you would not be able to move them concurrently if they are on separate layers. However we're always looking for ways to improve Lucidchart and your feedback is the best way for us to do that. Would you mind adding your idea to our feature request form? Ideas submitted to this form are passed on to the product development team for their consideration. Cheers!