Skip to main content

I have the C Level and the HoD on the same line - i need one to be slightly lower although they report to the CEO

Hi David

Thanks for posting in the Lucid Community! There is not currently a way to move a box down a level without putting them under a different parent. As a workaround you can create an employee outside of your grouped Org Chart and then connect the ungrouped employee to your org chart this will allow the shape to be modified outside of the preset grouping.

We're always looking for ways to improve. Would you mind adding your use case to our feature request form? Suggestions submitted via this form are passed directly to our product development team for their consideration. 

You can find more information about how Org Charts work in this Help Center article

If you would like

I remember watching a tutorial that showed the ability to add a node between levels to bring your "C level" down below the "HoD" level.  But now I can't find it and this is exactly what I need to do as well.  Help please!  Thanks!

Hi Gayle thanks for commenting on this post. We may need to take a closer look at your specific document to find out whats going on! I am going to move your question to a ticket to better assist you.

Thanks!